Monday, May 1, 2017

KidPik Box 2

Hopefully you have read my previous post about Kidpik where I give detail on how this service works because I am just jumping right into the pictures and review of the items we received!

Mint graphic tee size S (7/8) and white pants size 6.


Natie's opinion: She loved the colors together adn really liked the shirt. She said it fit well and was comfortable. She had to roll up the pants so that they weren't too long, but she didn't think it looked weird to do that.
My take: I liked the shirt and pants together and knew that both could go well with lots of other things. The pants did not look too tight although there were pretty loose in some places so I wasn't sure if ordering a size down would really work-it might end up just right in some places and then too tight in others. I did find it odd that while the 7/8 top fit well, the size 6 pants were still too big.





                    Prices:                                             Keep It All: $12.25
Keep It All: $8.75                                                                                                         Regular: $17.50
Regular: $12.50


 The shirt KIA price isn't bad at all really, so I would have been willing to pay that much, but since other items didn't work out and I would be paying the regular price, I opted to send it back and search for a cute mint colored top or other graphic tee elsewhere.
The pants were very nice and since I haven't seen any nice white pants like this in the stores I frequent, I decided they were worth keeping. They are a little big so she will be able to wear them for a while I hope, making it worth the nearly $20 they cost at the regular price. The price for a decent pair of pants isn't that bad and I was pleasantly surprised since in my last box which was Kidbox, pairs of pants were almost $40-WITH the discount.

Sleeveless checkered top. Size 7/8.


Natie's opinion: She thought it was comfortable and liked the fabric. She didn't seem to care either way about the pattern.
My take: I think it was too big, maybe it would look better with a shirt under and the blouse unbuttoned...and even better with colored leggings instead of white pants. Maybe even tucking it in or tying it in a knot at the waist would have helped it look cute instead of frumpy. 

 The Price:
 KIA $10.85
Regular $15.50
Since I didn't really like the fit of it and didn't see it as a useful piece for her wardrobe, we passed on it. I don't know that I would have kept it even if the price was better for those reasons.


 Yellow Crop Top size 7/8



Natie's opinion: She liked the jewels at the neckline and the fabric was soft. She liked the bright color and thought it paired nicely with the pants.
My Take: Ah, the crop top. I am not a fan of the boxy, short look for a top. Honestly it makes it look like it either shrunk in the wash or is some kind of defective product. It is so huge on the sides and so short, it just doesn't look right. Maybe if it were much shorter (and a little slimmer in the side) you could pair it with a cute undershirt and it would work, but because its just a little shorter it looks off and ill fitting. I wasn't a fan of the jewels either, and I know that those things fall off so easily as they are held on by thread that eventually frays and then you are left with a weird looking neckline.







Price:
KIA- $18.55
Regular $26.50
I wouldn't pay nearly $30 for something like this, and $18.55 is lower and more reasonable than 30, but still too expensive for what looks like an awkward top. 


 Black Fringe Skirt, size XS (5/6)

Natie's opinion: Even she knew this wasn't a keeper. Not only was it way too big, but the fringe cuts looked weird and she thought it looked strange.
My take: I was shocked to see how huge this skirt was on her. This is supposed to be an xs...a size 5/6...smaller than the pants she tried on from the same box. These are all made by kidpik so the sizing should not be off. the skirt should not fit looser than the pants. It makes me wonder if this was a defective item or if the clothing is all made to fit the same sizing scale. I would expect this kind of difference to occur between designers not pants vs. skirts. The fabric was also not that impressive and the "fringe" cut fabric looked cheap and thin. It looked like it was made with scissors and was very uneven in length.

Sandals, size 13Y




Natie's opinion: She thought they looked cute but realized that they did not fit.
My take: They were okay looking, the detail on the black part of the sandal was nice but they were too small, which is fine. Her shoe size depends on brand and style (tennis shoes vs sandal vs dress shoes) They are your typical thin sandal, no support and nothing too special.

Price: KIA $12.25
Regular: $17.50
The prices here aren't too bad. If they had fit better and she needed shoes like this, I probably would have kept them or exchanged them. But she has plenty of shoes so I decided to send them back. There is such a thing as too many shoes for a 7 year old girl.


 Dress size S 7/8

Natie's opinion: She loved this dress since it was so flowery. The colors were nice and the fabric felt heavy but soft.
My Take: It looked good on her when she had her hands on her hips, but once she stood normally, you could clearly see that it was too big for her. The length is fine, its the width of the dress that didn't work for her. She is thin so I am not surprised. My husband later told me he thought it was too busy, so he wouldn't have wanted to keep it anyways. The fabric is nice and the colors bright. I like the idea of the dress, but it just didn't fit her right.


 Price: KIA $19.25
Regular $27.50
A little more than I wanted to spend on a dress at the regular price, and had it fit her better (and my husband liked it) I would pay the $20 for it. But since I was sending other things back, I wouldn't have had that option.

She also got a bracelet that was cute and inexpensive, KIA $3.15, regular price of $4.50.
We ended up keeping the pants and the bracelet and sending everything else back.




No comments:

Post a Comment